Monday, January 12, 2009

Carter's first time with rice cereal


We started Carter on solid foods on Sunday. He is 4 months old now! Rice cereal was his first real supper! He liked it, but we couldn't feed him fast enough to keep him satisfied. We'll have to try next time when he isn't so hungry! We also started giving him apple juice to regulate him a little bit and he LOVES apple juice. In one week we get to start #1 baby foods. I think we'll start with bananas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good little eater! Feeding a baby feels kind of like wrestling, doesn't it? :)
I usually don't offer advice, but this MIGHT be helpful. With Karsten, we gave him fruit first, because I was really excited to give him the "yummy" stuff...and to this day, he RARELY will eat a vegetable. With the girls, we gave them the veggies first. We had to offer them several times before they'd eat them, but eventually they did. And they have always eaten their veggies well.
Of course, you know what's best for your own kid, so this might not apply. Have fun!

The DeGiulio's said...

how exciting..solid foods! Looks like he is emjoying the rice cereal.

Didi & Jason said...

Hey girl. How are ya. It's so fun feeding them foods!! I can't believe how big your lil one is getting!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! We just started Bryce on rice cereal.. I don't know why i waited so long, but he still isn't interested in any but his bottle! I think he needs some flavor. But isn't it funny watching them try to swallow and just spit it every where? They are so cute! hope things are going well and you get some sleep!