They would tell you many things.Like how many biscotti crumbs they have caught.
Or the summer days they spent basking on my great grandmother's deck in Pingree
Or maybe how they got lonely & neglected when my Nonna got sick and passed onto a better place...
They would tell you of the grandkids they loved
and the long talks that were had on them.
Or about all the coffee cups they have held and laughter they have heard.
They would tell you that some have called them hopeless or a waste of time to repair
and that they are creeky with rusty bolts
BUT
They can't talk, so I will tell you of the HOURS I spent sanding and staining these beautiful chairs of my great grandma's. I was proud to inherit them and to get to refinish them. I have cherished memories on these chairs as a kid so I couldn't just let them be thrown out.
And here is the finished product. With some spruced up cushions (yes the tags are still on), new bolts, and a new coat of stain they don't look too bad!

And if these chairs had ears, I would tell them of the many summer days I will spend relaxing on them, and the BBQ's we will have, and the children they will hold....I can't wait. Bring on summer!
3 comments:
What a neat treasure they are! They look great.
They look fantastic! I am sure they will have even more memories to come :D
Love this! I have lots of good memories of these chairs, too...like watching hummingbirds while eating a sucker from the candy house. I always thought Nonna's porch was a little paradise with all the flowers and pretty birds. :)
Post a Comment