Monday, September 14, 2015

Carter's Birthday week

Carter's birthday was on a tuesday so we celebrated all week long! A gift from his Hymas grandparents arrived a week early so he got to open it and loot came pouring out! Thanks G&G Hymas!
 The night before his birthday we had a big labor day BBQ in our backyard with friends. I was too focused on that and was feeling bad once it was over that I hadn't focused much yet on making his big day special since his party wasn't until the weekend....so I quickly put this contraption together while Chad gruelingly put together a large gift in the garage.
 And hung his lego birthday sign...
 And wrapped presents so he could have some to open on his birthday! We usually do 1 gift in the morning so he got to open the one that was a new basketball then we led him outside to this....



He scarfed down his birthday breakfast of donut hole and fruit kabobs so he could run outside to shoot some hoops! He came back in and said he made 7 hoops because he was 7.

When I went to pick up Mollie from her first day we stayed and had lunch with Carter at school and took his class treats. Didn't get any pictures of that because he ran off to recess without even saying goodbye!

It was pure torture waiting for dad to get back home to open gifts!

 He got several lego sets and some treats and lego books from his sister.
 He's been begging for Minecraft and I think this picture captured his excitement when he opened it!
For dinner he requested McDonald's so we got happy meals and let the kids play on the toys.  (as you can see Mollie was very happy here....)
 All his gifts

And later in the week we took Carter to his first Bronco game! It was a really late game but I think he had a blast and it was nice to get away and give him some much needed attention. He's always so patient with me while I'm taking care of the other 3 girls. 
It was a heart breaker of a game but here we are smiling still. 
Stay tuned for the Lego party!

No comments: