Chad wanted a beach day where we could just stay there all day. We hoped to have a full day to just enjoy it but a hurricane was blowing in... what is it with our vacations crossing paths with hurricanes?! We tried to enjoy it but the wind was blowing sand so much we didn't stay long. I was so glad we got that evening at Siesta Key because it was perfect!
We signed up for a dolphin cruise that I was so excited for! I was sure we'd see jumping dolphins and that they'd laugh at us and it would be amazing! I was very much dissapointed! We boarded the ship and they took us out towards the ocean but really just circled around this dirty little bay. We saw a handful of dolphins backs as they came up for air for just a split second. I was very underwhelmed! I guess I've watched too many dolphin movies. Oh well!!!
We passed this pirate ship and I was wishing we would have done the pirate ship tour!
The kids and Chad played in the ocean .The waves were getting bigger and the wind was blowing harder but we tried to enjoy it!
Mol lived her best life finding treasures and I sat and put my feet in the sand.
We did make a little castle with what we had on hand.
The last night at our house we pulled out everything and tried to eat it all before we had to go home tomorrow. We didn't want to leave!
With the hurricane coming, we were watching our flights because many were beginning to be canceled or postponed on the east coast of FL. Maybe we'd be stuck a few more days!?
















No comments:
Post a Comment