Thursday, July 25, 2024

Girls Camp '24

 I was asked at the last minute by a desperate camp leader if I could please come be an extra leader at camp. I figured out a way to make it work and took off to Heber Camp aka Heaven at the top of the mountain! Its views and amenities were absolutely stunning!

The girls were fairly well behaved too, besides a few complaints of cold showers because the older girls took too long. 
It was fun to be a fly on the wall and watch the magical bonding that can only happen at girls camp.

We helped with a faith walk where i had to try to persuade them off the path. At first it was humorous and then it set in that this was Satans work and how easily they can go off course with one wrong step. It brought me to tears a few times! 


Axe throwing and ninja star throwing were super fun. Mol did really well and i didn't do too bad with the stars.

I was put in the beehive cabin. So young and silly and clueless about hygiene or cleanliness! But totally adorable.
The lake day was so fun!  We couldn't get in the water but we might as well have for how wet we were! an hour long water fight ensued on the water and it was so fun. Those missionaries really know how to bring the fun!




This couldn't have come at a better time for me. I was needing a break and the spirit and adult time. All of these cups were filled and I left feeling so refreshed!

No comments: