Saturday, September 28, 2024

Panama and an Empty House

 Its been so great to watch my parents grown into their roles as missionaries and to watch them change and do hard things. We really enjoy watching for their weekly letters and pictures they send us of new experiences. Here are a few pics we've received. 

This is how panamanias take out the trash. 

Dad is doing awesome at the language and has many opportunities to use it. 

They come across new critters all the time, which I know my sight-seeing dad loves. 
Lots of new food experiences too. 
And amazement at these ladies and their beading and crafting skills!!
There are so many missionaries to love and i know my parents are treating these ones like their own kids. 
New places to explore and fun things to see. 
I sent them off with OPEN WHEN envelopes. My mom sent this to me to show me they are displayed and so she can remember them often. 
I know they are participating in God's great work and so it makes it easy for me to let them be there. Most days.....and then I see pictures like this and I feel all better again. 



They spend lots of time with the sisters and I know they are so spoiled!
They've been apart of many baptisms and it makes me so happy to watch. 
I know their hearts will forever be in Panama.

Meanwhile, back in the states, we miss them like crazy. We visit their empty home and realize that a home is just a house when they aren't there. Its weird to walk through the door and not be greeted by my moms smile or a wonderful aroma of whatever she's cooking, not to mention my dad's big bear hug. 
It's eerily quiet and the kids sense it too. No one wants to stay there very long since it just isn't the same. 
But the house is still standing and its just as they left it. 

And we will look forward again to when this house is filled with love and laughter and yummy food and my mom and dad are safe back home. 

No comments: