Friday, April 10, 2026

Lil get away

I heard Scotty McCreery was coming to Utah and I knew I had to make good on a 15 year old promise I made to Chad. Years ago, we went to a Brad Paisey concert where Scotty was the opener. We were late getting in and missed most of his show. Chad made me promise I'd take him to see Scotty. And I've been watching ever since! 
He was coming to St. George and so I thought, why not?! Let's have a quick get away. So we left on a Thursday and came home on Friday to make it happen!
First stop was the Crazy Cow Cafe! It was yummy and a cute place to stop. Our waitress had major Emperor's New Grove vibes from the diner waitress in that show...big eyelashes, blue eyeshadow.
We did a fun hike at Gunlock Falls. Sadly we missed the majority of the water, but sometimes it is really a flowing place! Running over all the red rocks, the pics looked majestic!
It was still fun walking around and watching some people jump into the water. 
Gorgeous cactus flowers. 


We also went through Snow Canyon and did a few small hikes in there. 

The world here is so unique. Ther were so many cool things to see and find. 
Dinner at Smoke Taco before we were off to the concert. 
It was at Tuachan and it was the best concert ever! Everyone sat down, and the air was cool as the sun set and the red rocks for our backdrop was so great. 
Then Scotty came on! No openers, no time wasting, just right into his great concert! I loved every second and sang at the top of my lungs the whole time! I even shed a few tears. He is just a real REAL guy. And you can feel it. 


I didn't want the night to end I was enjoying it so much! And on the way out a snapped a pic of his truck. Best 24 hour get away ever!!
Then we were on the road bright and early to get back for Mollie's Prom evening!
 

No comments: