June started out as a drag! I have been really sick with constant sinus infections and I have been told for years that I would need surgery to correct it. After the last few months I decided I am done suffering! I decided to have a surgery and get it takend care of once and for all!
I had a septoplasty, turbinate reduction, concha bullosa resection and an edoscopic sinus surgery of 4 sinuses. Also a bone spur was removed. The worst part was getting blood and the IV. If you know me, you know I have a fear of needles and since I had been fasting for 12+ hours my blood was slow and veins were thin. It took 5 nurses and 6 pokes and 1 blown vein before they got what they needed. It was pure torture!
Now this pic I normally wouldnt show, but I find it pretty humerous. I was very drugged and wanted to see how much swelling i had. As far as recovery though, it wasnt too bad. Tiny bits of bleeding and a little swelling and two tiny black eyes. What was miserable was the two splints the size of my pinky that they stuffed up each nostril and I had to keep in for a week! Once they removed those, I was healed!
Not totaly and completely, but I was able to feel well enough to go to the Hymas reunion 1 week later and have a pretty good time.
This is Chad's dog Goofy. This is the last picture taken of them together. She is so old and will be put to sleep this week. She has been such a good dog and we love her so much and will miss her.
We also celebrated Father's Day at the reunion and got all the men matching superman shirts, pop and candybar since they are super heros in our eyes. This is Chet, Clyde and Chad. All these men I look up to, respect, and adore.
Carter was in heaven riding motorcycles, eating popsicles, and running free from mom and dad. Mollie too.
After the reunion we rushed back for Carter's first day of swimming lessons. He and his buddy Jace do everything together and were both so excited. In just 3 short days Carter was swimming! I was totaly impressed by the instructors. We are doing more of a private session although there are 10 kids in the class. 3 days ago I could barley wash Carters hair in the tub. Now he is swimming under water!! AMAZING!
I love summer. Its so busy but we have many fun things to do.











2 comments:
That surgery does not sound fun at all! I am glad you are getting better.
We LOVE Cindy!!!! My kids have always been water babies but after last summer with Cindy, swimming is so much more fun!!!! Glad to hear that your surgery went well. Sorry to hear about Chad's dog. It is never fun losing our 4 legged friends.
Post a Comment