Monday, September 10, 2012

Best Vacation Ever

A few weeks ago we loaded up the car and headed to this beautiful place...Cascade Lake. It tops my list of favorite vacations! It was so wonderful and relaxing!

 We got there Thursday night which happened to be the season opener for BSU. We crammed ourselves into this little local all you can eat pizza joint and cheered our team on! Meanwhile all the kids played in the arcade in the back. Im pretty sure that night the arcade made bank from all our kids!
 The next day we hopped into the boat and drove to this little beach which we had all to ourselves. The kids loved just playing in the water and had some older cousins to watch them so I could do a little of this...

Dirt or Oreo?? You decide.

 We built Carter's first sand castle...pretty impressive skills Dad!
 And Carter started practicing riding his bike without training wheels! Just trying to keep up with all the older cousins! He never got it, but came so close!

 This little beauty is what we called home for 3 days. Staying in a yurt with a fridge, beds, TV, cable, microwave, heater and wood floors VS. a tent was AMAZING! It made such a difference in our trip!
 The RV park we stayed in had a fun little play area for the kiddos.
 And a beatiful bonfire spot right by the lake.
 Day 3 we headed back to the lake and spent most of the day!


 The boys stealing a picnic table.
I dont have many pictures of the guys because I seriously lounged all day on the beach. While the girls sun bathed, the boys stayed busy playing football, baseball, frisbee, water fighting and boating.Here are some other highlights from the trip....
  • Boating... of course! I even tried surfing for the first time...lets just say it wasn't pretty
  • Yard saleing and visiting flea markets. Yes you are camping in the mountains, but town is right there too! Its the best of both worlds.
  • A little Ice Cream/candy shop which we visited twice. I fell in LOVE with some 'unBEARably hot cinnamon bears.'
  • The food...OH MY GOSH..I thought my family ate good while camping. I wont lie...I gained 3 pounds in 3 days! Dustin's pasta tops it all though!
  • The lake. Its huge and warm. Loved feeling the sand between my toes and the sunshine on my face.
  • Having my hubby all to myself for 4 days over Labor Day tops it all. Life has been crazy lately to say the least. He is my best friend and I am so glad I married him and into such a wonderful family.
Cascade Lake, I hope it wont be long before we see you again. Good Bye Summer!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

that looks like it was such a fun fun time!!! We'll have to check into going there sometime! I've always wanted to stay in a yurt!