One of my dear friends often posts on her blog things that I think were meant exactly for me! She recently shrared this song on her blog.
Settle down, It'll all be clear. Don't pay no mind to the deamons they fill you with fear.
The trouble it might drag you down. If you get lost you can always be found.
Just know you're not alone, cuz I'm gonna make this place your home
~Phillip Phillips "Home"
With moving comes many changes! Friends, routines, schedules...and on and on. I first must say I really hate January and February...(until Valentines day) they are just BLAH! And to have all this change durring the "blah months" can be hard some days. When I read this chorus it spoke to me. Just settle down and make this place your home.
I have been complaing lately in my head alot about this or that...things that dont really matter...like the silverware drawer being too small, the lack of cleaning that was done before we moved in, the tower of boxes in the garage. And then I literaly force myself to snap out of that and change my thinking. And I really have to FORCE myself to realize my irrational thoughts and change them. Before I didnt think it was possible, but with prayer and help from an amazing husband, I have decided to change my outlook on life here in Tooele. All that forcing of my thoughts has become much more natural and I can easily (most days) change a grumpy mood into a better one.
Dont pay no mind to the deamons they fill you with fear. The trouble it might drag you down. Satan wants me to feel down and find things to complain about and drag me down.
While the first few weeks were challenging, I have to say that now I am in a good place. The people here are amazing. I have never met more kind people who would do anything for you. Truly Christlike people. And that has made me want to be better. One thing about being LDS is that you are never lost. You belong somewhere and have a ward that will support you and strengthen you. Im so glad for that, especially in times of change.
And no Im not alone, and with the cognitive thinking exercises I CAN make this place my own. I recently had an opportunity to learn about Lot's wife who was turned to salt. One thing about what I read struck me. It said - Lots wife never imagined that her future could possibly be any better than her past. She was hanging on to the past so tight that she had to look back and it was the detrement of her.
So while I had a wonderful past in Twin Falls. I am looking to the future. I trust that my future can be just as good if not better than my past. Dear friends will always be dear friends no matter where you are. And I have an opportunity to make more dear friends. So with that all being said.....HERES TO HAPPY THINKING IN 2013.
2 comments:
The first morning in our new house, after Jon had left to go back to Twin Falls, he sent me a link to the music video of that song. Made me cry.
Our first Sunday here was SO hard for me. Before church I was so nervous and SO homesick. But of course it was fine, and I actually feel like I can call a couple of the ladies "friends" already.
I have family out in Grantsville. If I'm ever out that way visiting I'll give you a call for sure. :)
Good luck with those boxes in the garage. I know how you feel!
First of all, love that song too! It's my ringtone. :)
And what a wonderful blessing the Gospel is! I'm glad you have met wonderful friends already. They are lucky to have you!
And... can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment