We had a really fabulous Christmas and Christmas Eve. We started it off by decorating gingerbread man to eat and some to leave for Santa. The kids loved it...well the frosting part anyway!
Then we headed out back to our own private sledding hill! Its just perfect for the kids. And the big kids too. :D
Carter was in heaven and Mollie took a while to warm up to it, but when she did...
We couldn't stop her!
The ledge behind us is the "jump" we tried to go off...NOT a good idea. It resulted in back pain for me and a bruised tailbone for chad! We aren't as young as we used to be!
It was very sweet nonetheless.
New Christmas Eve Jammies, then off to bed!
So Santa could finaly come!
Mollie woke up at 5:00AM!! She wasnt going to go back to bed so we just decided to get Carter up and get opening presents! Chad has a fun memory of his dad gathering all the kids at the top of their stairs every christmas morning and they would all go down together, youngest (him) to oldest. He wanted to carry that tradition on this year.
Santa did not disapoint! Mollie was so excited about her "chicken"...AKA Kitchen!
And a puppy!

Carter was thrilled with his Lightning McQueen Hawk....yes, Hawk (the wings pop out)....who knew?!
and a LM race track!
Chad had a few surprises that I hid in the garage so he would be surprised. (dont look at my garage, we just moved in!)
I was spoiled with lots of clothes and money to buy more clothes and massages! What a wonderful Christmas.
If you asked Mol what she wanted from Santa, all she would say was a hat. Me and Mol got matching hats!
Of course their would be nothing to celebrate with out our dear Savior and his birth and life. Despite the craziness of the season and moving, I tried really hard to think of the Savior daily. I took a few moments on Sunday to ponder the Atonement as Pres. Uchtdorf has counseled us. What an amazing blessing to have our sins taken away so that we can be perfect! Do we always stop and realize that reality? I can be PERFECT through Him. In Sunday School we also talked about how He never will leave us alone. Never. He is there for us always no matter how lonely, sad, or confused we are. We just have to humble ourselves and ask for his peace! What a beautiful blessing. I'm so greatful for Christ. He is the reason for the season. Merry Christmas. I hope you have been as blessed this year as we have.





















No comments:
Post a Comment