Something new our family has incorporated is MOM DATES! Since we have added 3 to our family i have felt the overwhelming need to spend one on one time with each child individually. I've noticed that it changes every ones attitude when they are shown a little extra attention. Easy? NO! But well worth the effort. This month I took Carter for doughnuts one morning and a sugar cookie and I got to take mollie to a mom/daughter night at enrichment and then out for ice cream. I find that I appreciate each child more when I get uninterrupted time with them. I've also started doing what I call "Time In" where for 20 minutes each day the kids get my undivided attention. We set a timer and they know during that time they can choose to play whatever they want and I actually play WITH them. I haven't done it every day but the kids are always asking to do TIME IN. And I love that I have time set apart to just play with them with no distractions. It's helped in my relationships with each child. I'm so glad I have these 3 to teach me patience and lessons I would never be able to learn with out them. I love them so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment