Thursday, May 8, 2014

In case you wondered....

 It looks like a bruise

 Or a birthmark (or a BOOK mark as Mollie likes to call it)

 Or like she was wacked in the head by a sibling..

 because it protrudes out of her head a little...
 BUT..
 It's called a HEMANGEOMA. Its a cluster of blood vessels that didn't form properly.
AKA a strawberry birthmark that should disappear by the time she is 1 or 2.
I don't mind talking about it but I hate when people assume it is because she was hit in the head by me or the kids, or dropped. How sad! And I hate that people don't see her beautiful eyes or sweet smile before they see her birthmark. Natural instinct, I know. But instead of hearing Oh she's so cute, or What a doll..I hear - What did YOU do to her head?! That's when it bothers me.

But for now we will just keep showing off our beautiful little girl and correcting the rude people out there. She is so beautiful in my eyes and always will be.
We love our little strawberry kissed baby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is a doll, and you're right about her BEAUTIFUL eyes! I feel your pain because people always comment on how "tired" Elliot must be because of his droopy eye. Wouldn't it be nice if people learned to curb their curiosity? :)