Giacimo kelly...one of the cutest kids ever with the biggest smile. We were just getting to know this little man who was on Carter's baseball team who was tragically killed a week before his 6th birthday.
He was riding near a garbage truck, something he often did, and when the truck turned he didn't stop. He ran into the truck and was pulled under the back wheels and mangled in the axle and tires.
Although it was heartbreaking, I jumped at the chance to teach Carter about the plan of salvation. He was sad but he said, "mom is ok, he's with heavenly father." Sometimes I think kids know more than we do. Here he is with his Giants team mate at the funeral.
That evening we got to honor him at the game by wearing his number, #10, on the back of his shirt and sending him some "birthday balloons." Today is his birthday. Happy birthday little buddy. You will be so missed.
I'm grateful for a loving heavenly father who gives us a plan to be together as family for eternity. This experience has strengthened my testimony and has reminded me how short and precious life is and to cherish our time with loved ones here on earth.




1 comment:
Oh my goodness...I'm crying for his family. Yes, finn tells, me it's ok if we die because we are with heavenly father. I pray for all the broken hearts, especially the garbage man.
Post a Comment