Thursday, September 4, 2014

KINDERGARTEN!



 AHHH! I've always thought this day was so far off but here it is! I have a kindergartner! After much debating and prayer I decided to just do half day over a full day of school. And I'm so glad I did! Full day is a really long day for a little guy!

We started the day out with some fruit and doughnut hole kabobs. Dad even went to work late so he could take carter to his first day of school!


The classic first day of school picture!
 He's a Huskie! I had to explain a few times what a Huskie is and how to pronounce it!
 I honestly didnt shed a tear up until this moment. Then the waterworks started and wouldn't shut off!
 Glad dad was there for emotional support for both of us!
 Here he is in his new classroom with his good buddies from soccer! So glad he knew a few kids to make the transition easier.
  
When I picked him up I knew immediately something was wrong. I could tell he was just seconds from major tears. It made me so sad! He had a good day but they were supposed to bring a stuffed animal for the first week to help them feel comfortable so he took his Mickey Mouse and he didnt want to leave it at school although his teacher asked him to. He was heartbroken! We ended up going back and asking the teacher if we could take him home but it was majorly traumatizing for him! He told me his day was really long and that he missed me and didnt know if he wanted to go back. TEAR! We spent a while snuggling on the couch and talking but after a few hours passed he was just fine and told everyone he had an awesome day.





I'm glad to say there have been only smiles (although they are tired smiles sometimes!) after school. By the second day he already didnt want me to walk him into school. THAT was really hard for me too! So glad he is loving his teacher Mrs. Moore and his new school!

No comments: