Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Father of the Year

I was afraid with the excitement of the new baby that Chad would get overlooked on fathers day...and I sure hope he didn't feel that way. We all tried our best to make him feel special. The kids pulled him out of bed nice and early and showered him with gifts. 
 He is the breakfast maker around here so afterwards he got to make us all breakfast.

Carter got him matching ties so they got all dressed up as twins! We all went to church but just for sacrament meeting. I brought the 2 youngest girls home with me.
 Wow is all I can say when I look at this picture. FOUR KIDS! And he handles them all like a champ. He is the patient one at our house and I'm so glad for all his wonderful qualities that make him such a great person, dad, and husband. I know my kids will have fond memories with their dad from growing up. He takes time to play with all of them whether it is dolls or legos it doesn't matter.
 While I worked on dinner I fed Brielle lunch and I guess she was pretty tired from the week too and passed out in her chair.

 We had a yummy dinner and one last surprise of ice cream sandwiches from coldstone. Seriously delicious!
I'm always grateful for all Chad does for me but this year my gratitude has increased so much. Between knee surgery, being pregnant, delivering a baby and trying to recover from it, having the flu 3 times (despite getting the shot!) and so many other things he has waited on me hand and foot so much. He really deserves a husband of the year award. There have been many times my heart has filled with love for him as I watch him be everything we all need and take care of each of our needs. I'm so BLESSED to have him as my husband and the father of my children. LOVE YOU CHAD MAN!

No comments: