Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Portuguese Camp

Carter is soon starting 1st grade and we have entered him into a dual immersion language program at his elementary. He will be learning Portuguese! Half of the day will be completely is Portuguese and the 2nd part of the day will be totaly in English! I have only hear good things about this program and I am so excited for him to start! 

To kick it off, they invited Carter to a week long camp where they meet their teacher (who only ever speaks in Portuguese) sing songs, learn dances and learn about the culture a bit. There were professional dancers who performed complete with drums and everything. And a group came in and taught the kids Capoeira which is a cross between martial arts and a dance. It was very interesting!!

Carter is in yellow below.


He was a little nervous about it but overall I think he loved it and is now a little more excited to start 1st grade! YAY!!

No comments: