Once again, the mountains were calling me to get out and explore so we grabbed some friends and a picnic and took off! It was a lot of fun being with friends and enjoying nature. It is good for your soul. Later we had them over for a BBQ and relaxing in our back yard. It was a nice evening since the other vacation days were spend getting ready for Pioneer Trek!
The kids were troopers and went pretty far. Here is Carter holding up a giant rock so it doesn't squish Mol.
And Rylee was Rylee! She is so independent these days and thinks she can do anything the big kids can do. She wanted to run the whole time and didnt want to hold my hand. Little stinker. And here's another picture to demonstrate how independent she thinks she is these days! I about had a heart attack when I walked in the kitchen and she was just sitting up there eating her snack. Notice there are no chairs around for her to climb up on. She's a little monkey!
I'm grateful we have a day to remember those who have fought for us. This year was a little different for me since we have a Sailor nephew in the navy. I thought about his sacrifice and what he is doing a little longer than I usually do on this holiday and was truly grateful for him and all those who have fought for our freedom. America is great!





No comments:
Post a Comment