We were in Idaho for Mother's Day weekend at Clyde and Evelyn's house since we had gone to Kloe's baptism the same weekend. It was such a nice relaxing day. The kids were mostly happy...a few problems...but I really enjoyed the day.
We really love that our kids get to be so close to BOTH sets of grandparents and have them involved in their lives. Clyde and Evelyn especially make an effort to be there for games and things and that means a lot to us all! And I know the kids will remember it.Chad we pretty good to me and got me a few treats and gifts and Clyde gave me a corsage.
Love this little tribe who made me a mom. Sometimes I don't feel so grateful for the mom life, but at the same time I love being able to be the one they go to when they need help or are hurt or scared. I sometimes joke that I hate hearing the word MOM, MOM over and over again. But I'm glad they will call for me and still need my help because I know that some day it'll change. There are too many precious moments that I wouldn't trade anything for.
And my mom in law has always been so good to me. She has treated me with kindness and love from day 1. She is a good lady with a heart of gold. We love her dearly!
And I'm grateful to her always for raising the man she did to be the father of our children. I know she had a big part in who he has turned out to be and I will always love her for it.
We got to chat with my mom later in the day and I was glad she was having a good day and that all the kids had called her. I too was raised by good parents who believed in me and loved me through everything. And I truly believe that good parents are what make good, kind, dependable kids. Thanks mom for being everything to me through my growing years and sacrificing the things you did for me. And for always being there still through my adult life. We have the best MOMS!






No comments:
Post a Comment