Chad turned 37 this year! We had all sorts of fun plans with friends and EVERY SINGLE ONE had to be canceled because of a tummy bug. We celebrated Chad the best we could though and it started with gifts and Chad staying home from work because of his cold.
I bought this jersey as soon as it came out because I knew he wanted one.
A few hours later, this was our life. Poor Bri got SO sick. We knew we didn't dare leave. I was BUMMED! But Chad held it together pretty well.
After a super disappointing day I decided to pull out the cake that we had planned to eat with friends and EAT IT! In the basement and eat as much as we wanted! It was late and I just didn't care. AT LEAST ONE THING had to go right on Chad's birthday and that was going to be CAKE! Through tears (mine) we all sang happy birthday.
I realized after the fact that while I was so upset about the birthday plans being ruined, Chad was glad he was home to help with Brielle and spend the whole day with his family. He's just like that. Always putting himself last and sacrificing for our family without a word. Selfless and so generous.
The next day, Chad looked like this. HE caught that stupid flu bug and was down flat for 2 whole days. After a priesthood blessing he started to mend but man he was sick for a long time. NO FUN! And I'm dubbing this birthday the lamest one ever. And next year will be AWESOME!
Happy Birthday my love! It only can get better after this, right?!







No comments:
Post a Comment