Along with everything else right now, there was nothing normal about the 1st day of school. I was so stressed about sending the kids in masks all day but I let them choose. They all quickly let me know they would do whatever it took to get to go back to school. They have all missed it quite a bit and I think they feel like they were cut short on last years fun.
So here they are....my shaggy Carter with quarantine hair is going into 6th grade! This is his last year in elementary school! I'm not sure I'm ready for what comes after this!

Miss Sassy pants Bri is off to 1st grade! The first 3 weeks of school were only a half day to help the kids adapt and teachers too!! She was so ready to take on the school world!
Since Carter walked into preschool I've always walked my kids to class, taken their picture and held back tears as I walked away. For 8 years that has been the norm...but this year, this is all you get. Their first day of school pic at the school. No parents were allowed in the school and I could only walk Brielle to the place where her class lined up to go in. EVERYONE was in masks. And I think I was blessed to notice how cute some peoples masks were instead of the horror of what it looked like of little kids in masks. Still makes my skin crawl.
But kids are resilient and not much phases them and they are ok with following rules. After they got home I worriedly asked them how wearing a mask for that long was. "It was fine, mom." "Not a big deal." Were the responses I got. Man I want to be more like my kids!
Me and Ry had the day to ourselves so we went to lunch and just hung out. After a looong 6 months it was sure nice to have a mostly quiet house for a few hours.
And just for fun, the kids did tie dye shirts with Alex for fun Crazy shirts for a crazy year! AMIRIGHT?!









No comments:
Post a Comment