Wednesday, September 2, 2020

A FILLING outing

It's not often we find our selves without somewhere to go or kids to run, so when we realized we had a free afternoon, we splurged to go get some ice cream at LEATHERBYS! It's always so yummy it is worth blogging about! Well you can't go clear over there and not get fries and fry sauce so we got that too. Rylee cracked me up with her Chocolate chocolate sundae. She loves chocolate! I went for the Almond Joy! 
Carter had Peanut butter cookie dough...he said he didn't want peanut butter again for a while! And Bri went for superman.
Mollie had bubble gum and Chad had the apple pie sundae. We sure love this place but don't love the cost, so its an every once and a while thing! Our belly's were FILLED!
Afterwards we wanted to go walk around a temple. With temples being closed we have REALLY missed being able to go. We tried to go to the Jordan river temple but they were just closing their gates. So we went to the Oquirrh Mtn Temple and we were able to walk around the grounds and see all the flowers. 

The moment we stepped on the grounds I saw Chads demeanor change. I could tell he was feeling what I was feeling. Its always amazing to me that the second you step on temple grounds you can feel the spirit. I had forgotten that and I'm so glad it was so powerful for both of us. It was a good reminder of the peace we can still find, even if we can't go IN the temple, we can still prepare our homes and our "grounds" to invite the spirit into our lives. 






 All of our hearts were filled with the beauty of this earth and the spirit that dwells at the temple. We went home with full bellies and full hearts. I love to see the temple and I can't WAIT to go back some day. 

No comments: