Friday, October 14, 2022

Freeze drying and gardening adventures

I've been freeze drying so many things and its been so fun and satisfying. I put together a box for my mom of some freeze dried things. 


Our garden was put in late and I waited until august to pull our carrots. I died laughing when i saw our 'crop!' HAHA they were itty bitty. So funny. We'll try again next year. We had gobs of beans, a few watermelons, tomatoes, cucumbers were fat but only about 2 in long... pretty sad. We did get a pumpkin and peas out of it too! I was happy for the first year we were learning. 
I didn't grow this tomato but its worth documenting! My friend Lori gave me 3 big boxes of tomatoes that were this big! They covered my whole hand! They were delicious and I canned all the tomatoes. YUM!

 Here's to MORE for next year!!!!

No comments: