Saturday, February 11, 2023

Brace Face Surprise

On the 7th of Feb, we took Carter for a consultation to see if he needed braces! The consensus was that they would be beneficial. I was expecting an appointment for a future day to get them on but the Orthodontist said how is 1PM to get them on?
I said, "TODAY?!" and he said yes. WOW! Wasn't expecting that one! They told us to go grab lunch and then come back and they'd do it. 
He wanted Subway for lunch and then we got him soda and the chewiest candy he could find to enjoy his last meal without braces. 
And before we knew it, he was back in the chair getting them on. I had warned him that it was a long process and told him how to do impressions so you don't gag...well they did none of that. They basically dried his teeth and glued the brackets on. I guess things have changed since I had braces. HA!
Such a lovely large mouth
And of course his first colors were BSU blue and orange. He was told to plan to have them on for about 18 months. So here we go on the brace face journey!

 

No comments: