Carter has been begging to run the Simplots 3 days race in Pocatello and I figured me and him would take a quick road trip up and back for it. I planned to drive home afterwards, but bad tire luck changed my plans.
We hit the road with snacks and drinks and good music. The Reed Clan all came to watch him run. I remember watching so many games and wrestling tournaments here. I even worked Simplots doing chair massage once. So its fun to be back here with my kids watching them compete. It wasnt his best race ever, he said the wooden track is really weird. But he had a good time and was glad he went.
We went for pizza right after that and when I was pulling into the lot, I ran over a curb that stuck a little too far out that I couldnt see. There were no lights and as soon as I hit it I knew I wouldnt be going home that night. I was so glad Carter was with me and had that tire changed in no time.
So I spent another night with Jordan and went to Brits baby shower the next day that I was going to drive back up for. But it all worked out, I just had to arrange a million rides (ok, just 6) but still it took my entire village to get my kids to all the places. I was thankful for all the moms that helped me out.
And I got my hair styled by cute Wren!
Happy Baby Shower Brit! Glad I could be there. It was a lovely weekend.
Chad called Les Swabb and got me an apt for my tire and had me back on the road early the next day. So thankful for his help. Lesson learned - watch out for curbs AND dips while driving in Pocatello!








No comments:
Post a Comment