Monday, February 9, 2026

Welcome Home Elder and Sister Reed

Feb 5th was fast approaching and it felt like Christmas! We had lots of fun planning mom and dads homecoming making signs, planning food and decorations for their luncheon. With all the stress of the robbery I told my mom we would take care of everything and settle later if we needed to. Chad graciously offered to smoke some meat. Lets be honest, its his favorite thing to do. 

 

As family started arriving, the little girls saw my signs and thought they needed to make some too. 

Here we are, decked out in USA attire to welcome them back to the states. Mollie kept the kids entertained by giving chair rides to the littles. 

It was midnight when we finally saw them coming towards us! We greeted many weary travelers and got many smiles and cheers as we were waiting. The kids were so excited. 

And finally we saw them, before they saw us. Mom was expecting us to be at different spot and was disappointed when no one was there. 

We hugged and laughed and cried all at the same time. 
Its so good to have them home on American soil, safe and sound and headed home. 
G&G got to meet baby Koen for the first time. 
Chad and Carter were good sign holders and videographers. 

Everyone spent the night and stayed up chatting and having....ice cream...of course, thats what the Reeds do best. The next morning the grandgirls prepared a picnic for them. 
We went to Chubbys for lunch and enjoyed being together a little longer before we all went our different ways. 
I asked mom and dad if I could come home with them and be a helper until their homecoming, which was in 1 day! They agreed and I helped grocery shop and carry luggage and get things ready for the weekend. This is them pulling up to the Rupert sign, anxious to be home. 

Mom walked in and went straight to her rocking chair! She was thrilled to death to sit in her favorite chair and just rock. She sat there for several minutes while dad inspected things. 
The evening ended with a beautiful sunset, Ive always said it, but there are no sunsets like Rupets sunsets. Absoultely gorgeous and a perfect welcome home gift. 
The stake president came to their home on Sat night and I felt lucky to be a fly on the wall while they got released. Again, it was an emotional moment and I just felt so proud of my parents and what they did in Panama and the hard things they endured and the growth they both experienced. Seeing them take their nametags off even made me sad. Dad jokingly ripped his off and did a dance, like, IM FREE! But I know it was hard for both of them to do. Theyve carried this incredible responsibility on their shoulders for the last year and a half and one day it all stops. I know they are excited to get back to normal life, but I know theyll miss it too. 

Sunday approached and family gathered to hear them speak in church on Sunday. They both gave very heartfelt talks, my dad crying the most, hes a big teddy bear under that tough exterior! Rylee said after hearing them talk, she decided she wanted to serve a mission. I was feeling the same! I took a chance and ordered mom a few dresses, knowing she wouldnt have time to do any shopping and knowing she wished she had something new to wear. She said on the way home she wished she had a new dress. I broke the news to her and she gleefully tried on the new dresses. She picked the one I liked most to wear to her homecoming and even ended up keeping another one. 
After their homecoming it was go time for the luncheon! We had decorated a place that Dave reserved for their dinner and gathering and had it looking very tropical for the lunch. Many friends and family came and I got a few pics of everyone there. 





And it was so great to see these 2 sisters reunite. They truly love eachother and missed eachother so much. Im happy they got to spend some time together. 
It was a very special weekend, full of love is the best way I can describe it. Im happy they are home and Im looking forward to spending time with them when things calm down. Welcome home mom and dad! You were so missed. 

No comments: