A few of you wanted me to report how my first Bountiful Basket experience went. If you dont know, in Twin Falls, and many other Idaho and Utah cities, a group of volunteers get together and buy fresh produce at deep discounts and sell it at certain pick up spots for $15 a basket! For more info go to bountifulbaskets.org (not .com). You do have to pre pay with a credit card and there is a $3 fee for your first time, but never again. There are no obligations to buy again and you can just order when you want. If you want a basket for Saturday (the next pick up day), you have to order and pay by Tuesday.
So anyways, I was VERY suprised with how much stuff i got! I was really unsure if it was going to be a better deal than just buying it at Winco, but 1) its fresher and 2) YES it is cheaper!
This is what i got:
1 head of leaf lettuce
1 lb. of strawberries
1 little box of blackberries
1 coconut
9ish bananas
1 bag of baby carrots
3 large cucumbers
4 avacados
3 large oranges
9 tomatoes (roma)
2 yellow squash
9 peaches
Now can you get ALL of that for $15 at a store? Just the berries by themselves are atleast $6! The process was so easy and smooth, there was no waiting lines or big problems...(although the credit card orders didnt go through the 1st time and i had to go back and check out twice, but i didnt get charged twice). And as far as i can tell the produce is fresh and yummy. We did have 1 bad orange, and the peaches are hard, but they will ripen up soon i hope! If you have any more questions, let me know! I'd love to answer them!
6 comments:
What does Week A and Week B mean? Under locations Twin Falls is only listed with Week B. Does that mean it only comes every other week?
It sounds like a good deal. My neighbor's sister helped organize it here in Twin, so she told me all about it a while ago. I was waiting to get a report from someone before I tried it, but I think I'll give it a go!
I know SO many people who do Bountiful baskets, its such a great deal. My friend just did it for the first time and shes going to see if she eats everything or not. We might each pay half and split the produce if she doesnt use it all if not she's going to show me how to get started, Im excited.
I had the opposite experience with it. First off, the website was freakin slow and really annoying. It seriously took foever. Although they say they have an improved one now. And I didn't think the quality of food that I got was that great. Your basket came with better stuff than mine did when I got it. I have been hesitant to go at it again.
Bountiful Baskets is my new best friend and the only thing that gets me to step out of my comfort zone and try new veggies! LOVE IT!!!
I have been doing it with my mom and sister here in Utah. I really love the fresh produce. I have noticed you get TONS better stuff now that it is getting to summer!
Hi there Candice... I got to your blog from Jackson and Trish's- I've met you a few times at functions with them and grew up in the same small town as Chad.
Anyhow... Congrats on your baby girl!! Wanted to say thanks for the info on these baskets too- how is it that I've never heard of it before!? I'd like to try it out in Twin or Burley.
I'll have to stop in on your blog more often- it makes me smile and I like your happiness! Good luck through your pregnancy and summer! :)
Post a Comment