Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dirt, Dirt, Dirt

Well the time has arrived for us to start our yard...ugh. I love that Chad is so handy and can do these projects by himself to save us money, but sometimes I wish he would just PAY someone to do a few of these things! But it is something he enjoys doing and I am very greatful he can do it. I always wanted to marry a handyman and thats exactly what I got.
Due to all the wonderful weather we have had, it has taken way longer than it should have. We had one nice day last week so Chad came home from work at 10AM and it was me and him digging and filling trenches until 10PM! We really needed to get it done, so we just let Carter have a hay day in the dirt. He loved running in the trenches (which created more work for me beacause I had to go re-dig them out when the dirt would fall in!) Its not something I reccomend when you are 18 weeks pregnant. But Carter had a ball and now wants to play in the dirt every day. Who needs grass right?!

By the end of that night I couldnt even sit down I was so sore. I have a few hip problems now and then and I was miserable! And I thought I had strong hands from doing massage, but after hanging on to a shovel for a few hours proved that I am a true wimp. My arms felt like they were going to fall off. Luckily it didnt last long.

But enough complaning....we finally finished our sprinklers! YAY! Now the next steps are a flower garden, food garden, landscaping and grass! The next 6 weekends are packed with summer things already so who knows when we will actually be able to say we have a landscaped yard! Wish us luck on the next few weeks! We are learning a lot! I'll post a few pictures of our progress here and there.


PS We find out what we are having on MAY 27th! Be sure to cast your vote for girl or boy!

4 comments:

julie said...

Fun! That is really exciting to get your yard all done. I'm so excited to hear if you are having a boy or girl!!!

Unknown said...

sorry, that last comment was from me. I forgot to logout of my mom's account

Nate and Venessa said...

Hi! Good luck with all of the dirt! It will be so nice to have a yard! Hey random question... Where did you get your gender voter? I have been trying to find one.

tutus n bowties said...

Good luck with the yard. I'm sure a big pile of dirt is every little boys dream to play in. P.s. I'm thinking a girl...