Carter has a styrofoam basketball and we noticed during nap time he was picking pieces off of it and eating it and making a major mess. One day we noticed he had shoved some up his nose. Chad and I held him down and did "surgery" on our own getting all that we could out of it...which was 3 good sized hunks of foam. We thought we had got it all and so we forgot about it. I noticed his breath was REALLY stinky but i thought it was just from drainage from having a cold. It had gone on long enough though that i was starting to wonder if there was still something up there.
One day during nap time he was crying a little and whining like he was in pain. I went in there and noticed there was MORE foam in his nose..AHHHHH! So i got the tweezers and the flashlight and pulled out a small piece of foam and a wad of paper about 1/2 inch long. I kept digging and i scraped something hard with my tweezers. Sure enough, it was a tiny black rock. I knew then we were in serious trouble. I didn't want to even try to get it out. I called the doc and they saw him immediately. The doctor successfuly pulled out the rock and another piece of styrofoam about the size of a quarter! The doc first thought it was a peice of meat or something because it was so decomposed that's what it looked like.
Well I am happy to say that Carter's breath no longer stinks.
He is much happier.
And
I am throwing THIS BALL away!
3 comments:
What a crazy little boy! Glad you got everything out alright. My mom told me once my brother stuck a tic tac up his nose they were almost to the doctors & he sneezed it out.
Ha Ha. That is crazy, gross and hilarious all at the same time. Do you think he's learned his lesson?
Steph shoved a blue marble up her nose and she did it in church. My dad took her to the emergency room and took notes. Now he is a professional.
Post a Comment