....Almost became our new slogan for life! The last month has been very stressful in deciding if we could move our little family 8 hours south to this crazy big city. Chad was offered a great job at Therma Systems just across the border of California. But we would live in las vegas. He flew out for 2 days for interviews and then a week later me and him drove out to look at housing options. I have to say while in Las Vegas I felt completely sick to my stomach, although we both love the city for a vacation its not completely ideal in my book for a place to raise a family. But when we got to Henderson where we would have lived, I was surprised at how quickly I fell in love with it.
To make a really long story short, the cost of living there is so high (#3 in the US) even with the raise and crazy awesome benefits they would have given us to move there, it still wouldnt have been enough to better our current situation. We sadly declined the job and the lights of Las Vegas. Lots of prayers and preisthood blessings have gone into this decision. It has been an emotional rollercoaster for quite a while and I was surprised at how upset I was after we decided not to go. I think I was just ready for a change although we have been happy in Twin Falls. We all get stuck in a rut at one time or another in life and we are definantly there.
So for now...the job search continues. Chad has been very happy with his job and we have great benefits that are hard to beat anywhere else. But the shift work is super hard on our family and our marriage and we both strongly feel it is time for a change. And in the wonderful words of Rafiki I have found myself remembering, "Change is GOOD."

1 comment:
We can TOTALLY relate. We recently were taking steps to leave our area, but we decided against it, and found a new differen't job that didn't invovle moving. It is SUCH a hard decision!! There is nothing like it. Sometime you just wish someone would tell you exactly where you are meant to be. Good luck with your search. Good job listening to your heart! You'll find what you're looking for for you and your beautiful family!
Post a Comment