But we replaced her with this beauty! An '07 Dodge Caravan. Chad was dead set on getting a Honda or Toyota but once we drove it we fell in love. It's leather and has all the bells and whistles.

We took it on a test drive to Idaho the day after we got it and the room was incredible. Brielle wasn't a fan and screamed most of the way there but I sat in that empty captain seat and toasted my buns and talked to my baby. It wasnt bad at all!
We first went to Moore and Carter rode the motorcycle from sun up to sun down. He didn't even have to share with anyone. He was in heaven. He's getting pretty quick and daring on that little thing. I think he wore a path in grandpas lawn.
When Grandma wasnt working, she and Mollie played games and colored. Mollie loved all the one on one attention she was getting too.
And while the kids played I worked on my new little project. I'm making and selling this little fancy nativity set out of 2x4s and selling them. I had about 20 orders to fill so I spent time in my father in laws wood shop sanding and edging away. I had lots of help and it was awesome!
I got an absolute kick out of these little birdies that built a nest on my in laws house. I sat and watched for a long time. there were 4 babies stuffed in the nest and the parents worked all day to bring them a tiny bit of food. When the parent would arrive they would all chirp and fight for food. Then the parent would drop food in the closest ones mouth and quickly fly away. And then silence.....until they spotted their mom or dad flying near again...chirp chirp chirpp!!!! It was humbling to see how hard the parents were working for their babies to keep them alive.
When we were all done with our projects we went to my parents house to celebrate my moms birthday. We went out to dinner and had chocolate cake at home! Sure loved getting to be with her!
It was a wonderful weekend getting to see both of our families but not long enough as usual. I often count my blessings and when I do I am grateful i can count BOTH sides of my families as GREAT blessings in my life.





No comments:
Post a Comment