Can it be? I have a 2nd grader! He was more than ready to go back and excited to meet new friends. Here he is looking good going to his last year at the old Harris Building because they are building a new school for next year and they are now the Sterling Eagles! This year is going to be a little crazy with 2 schools combined but it will be worth it for next year!
His teachers are Mrs. Price and Professora Porter for the dual immersion program and we have loved it!
He was relieved to have some of his best buddies and familiar faces in class. Here's the boys table!
Mollie started a week later but got to attend her kindergarten tea and meet her teacher Mrs. Gibson. Here she is with her good friend Jocelyn at their new school.
She was selected to go to all day kindergarten as one of the highest scoring kids on the test they give them. I was excited because she is really ready for all day school and needs that stimulation. But the night before I was really sad and felt like it was the last night of her being little. She will now be in school for the rest of her life until she is a mom most likely and I second guessed myself.
But seeing how happy and ready she was on the first day eased my fears. She was fearless and so excited.
She didn't even look back and walked right into the school!
She knew right where to go but I'm glad she has Carter with her just to give her a sense of security.
Bri wanted to stay too! She didn't know many kids in her class yet but quickly made friends and became a favorite to the teachers.
Me and Bri and Ry are still figuring out what to do during the day with the older kids gone all day but I think they like the extra attention.
I'm so proud of my smart kiddos who love school and make good friends. They are good examples and make good choices. I love them so much and love to see them thriving!
















No comments:
Post a Comment