It was just another day in the Hymas home. When one of the kids ran in with a wad of hair in their hand and said the dreaded words.......
BRIELLE CUT RYLEES HAIR.........
whhHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT???!!!!!!
I screamed. Not just the "what" part....like a warrior getting ready to attack scream. It started with a growly sound and escalated quickly to a high pitched awful noise. It was ugly.
Then I felt better. And I knew there was nothing I could do. I'm sure the neighbors heard the scream...but I didn't really care.We've made it through 4 kids with no haircutting experiences. 4 kids! And here were are on the last one her sister decided to help her out.
It's bad. There's a big ledge on the back of her head. Every time I look at it my blood boils a little.
But then I smile. Because it is funny. And now looking back I can laugh a little. ....It still looks pretty bad. And I look forward to the day it will blend a little better!
Yes Brielle is still alive. And truth be told, that warrior scream might have saved her life. I truly felt a little relief of the demands of motherhood. Try it. You'll feel better. And it might save someone's life.






No comments:
Post a Comment