While Chad's parents were here we pulled some strings for him to be able to be ordained to a high priest by his dad while they were here for our anniversary weekend. We got the go ahead but since it was stake conference he was actually ordained an elder before he had been given the calling in our ward! I wondered how many people we catch on at the stake conference sustaining.
It's pretty neat that Chad's line of authority hasn't changed because his dad was able to ordain him. We felt the love for them making the trip to help us with our kids and stick around for this special day.
The next sunday, March 10, he was sustained as the 2nd counselor in the bishopric! It was an emotional day, but I know they have the right man for the job. After church he was set apart by the stake and given a very special blessing. I was so surprised when they called ME up for a special blessing to help me in this calling as well. Que WATERWORKS! I KNOW that that has helped me through the long days more than antying. I knew this day would come because he is just such a good guy. It's been an adjustment not having his sit with us in the pews but we have all adjusted nicely.
I'm grateful for this opportunity for us both to grow and to become more Christlike. I'm blessed to be married to a worthy man who respects his priesthood and is willing to serve anyone, anytime. I know our family will be blessed and we will be given the ability to do more, with less. I have faith that Heavenly Father knows my needs and will indeed take care of all of us. We have already seen his hand in our lives and I know we will be taken care of!





No comments:
Post a Comment