After Camry's blessing, we left the 2 big kids with G&G Reed to go spend some time with them for a few days before we met them at the campground for our Reed camping trip! It's always nice to get to focus on our little girls sometimes and get to play with them. They were very helpful in loading the truck and Bri kept saying, "I'm the oldest so I have to work hard!" And we kept missing our "runners" when it came time to pack up for a big trip! But we got loaded up and hit the Road to Box Elder Campground!
As soon as we got there I was so happy to find that it was a beautiful place with lots of shade, a stream running through our camp with big picnic tables and lots of space around us. After lots of hugs, Mollie was dying to show me something. On one of the many trails around our spot she found this adorable little fairy tree house someone had decorated. So cute!! She was sure to be careful but couldn't resist visiting it every day and leaving little sparkly rocks or treasures.This was the stream IN our campground! The water was super cold and you had to pay attention where you were walking so that you didn't fall off the little cliff.
The boys quickly found the hammock for some relaxing time and then got to play corn hole on Chad's brand new boards he made!
While they were busy I found a quiet moment to sit in the hammock myself. Just when I was nice and relaxed I was bombarded by....
All the girls!!
And the boy thought he needed to get in on it too.
There was a cute little bridge in our spot too that the kids rode bikes on and through all the trails around us.
Craft time! Someone thought it would be a good idea to bring glitter on the trip....We had a very glittery campground.
We talked G&G to go out in the boat with us! It was a little squishy but I was glad they came with us for a little bit.
We boated at the same little lake we did on the 4th of July - Mantua - with much more success and smooth waters! It was perfect weather and we all really enjoyed being in the water!
We always eat the BEST food when we go camping and that includes dessert! Here are the girls enjoying raspberry cobbler.
The moon was BRIGHT and we enjoyed watching it through the trees .
We didn't see Carter alot this trip because he was always off exploring! He loves to be in nature on his bike just doing his thing.
We love grandma reed! Her camp rocking chair is a pretty popular place.
Jordan's family and Adam showed up the next day and we all loved on baby Cam and enjoyed snuggling her.
The last day we played down at the beach for most of the morning. Uncles make good water buddies.
Camry got her first dip in the lake . BRRRR She wasn't a fan.
It just so happened to be Box Elder Days in town and since we were just a few miles from town we decided to go to the parade! Small towns KNOW how to do parades.
And they had some pretty cool floats too.
And princesses!!!
I love this little dirty face so much. Most of the kids look like this the whole camping trip until bed time when I try to wipe them up just a little. But I love that they can just play in the dirt and I don't even care!
Look how many trees were around us!! It was seriously beautiful. A little wind storm came in and above us the trees were blowing pretty hard, but we were in this little protected area and the trees around us weren't even moving. It was so cool.
And THIS right here is why Box Elder got it's name I think. These box elder bugs were grouped everywhere just like this! So many bugs!!
I love that our whole family enjoys the outdoors together!! It's my favorite place to be.
And I couldn't be happier in finding this little gem of a campground. I know we will be back many many times!







































No comments:
Post a Comment