Saturday, July 6, 2019

Mollescum contagiosum

I noticed a while back these bumps growing on Brielle's shoulder. I assumed they were warts so we went to the doc and he told us they were mollescum contagiosum! And that they just needed to run its course.  They are in the wart family, but very contagious and they spread like crazy. They are itchy so she would scratch them and they would puss and then spread and then scab over and do it all again. So super gross. I squeezed a few and they are so nasty! They were starting to spread into her armpit and down her side so i figured we needed to act fast. 

I took her to a dermatologist and he was able to freeze them with nitrogen. She was so brave and did great. They are looking so much better now and are almost gone! 


I'm so glad we took her in and got them taken care of before school! Not sure where she picked them up, but Brielle continues to give us new and exciting health adventures over and over! I'm so glad these ugly buggers are gone!

No comments: