I'm for sure not a morning person, so this sleeping in thing I could get used to! We still were up and doing school by 9 every day, but I could sleep until 8:50 every day! And I got alot more morning snuggles in my bed which I don't typically have time for!
We did FHE with Chet's family and then played some virtual games. Would we ever have done this if we weren't forced to stay home? I think not. But how cool to bring 2 families together who are miles apart to have a spiritual experience and some fun! We later added G&G Hymas to the group from their mission!
And these kids....They are resilient! Maybe more so than me. Their whole worlds have been flipped upside down, stomped on, and chewed up and spit out. And they almost haven't missed a beat. They still get up and work hard and work on their goals and have good attitudes (most days) and try to understand what the heck is going on and handle it with patience and grace. Look at those smiles. I love these kids and they have been examples to me in this time. They have been more than patient with me as I have learned how to balance our new normal. What great kids they are!
And even with soccer being canceled, our great coach has brought the girls together for a zoom meeting practice! He even gives the girls time to chat at the end and tell what they've been up to. He instructs them in drills and then watches them do them. How blessed we are to have video conference soccer and a coach who cares. Keep up the good work kids!






No comments:
Post a Comment