Monday, April 5, 2021

A Conference Easter Birthday

After our crazy week of going 4 hours south and then 4 hours north we got home just in time for my family to arrive for Easter weekend! It happened to also be General Conference weekend and my 36th birthday! We didn't make any big birthday plans because of conference so we invited my family down for the weekend. Grandma organized a glow in the dark egg hunt that we did Fri night. It was so fun to see all the glowing eggs!

The next morning the kids woke up to treats and toys! We had some breakfast and then got ready to watch general conference!

Loved having all of my family around to hear the words of our prophet together! It was an even bigger treat to hear that TWENTY new temples would soon be built! And one of them was in BURLEY IDAHO!!! What a great birthday gift! 
Because of the pandemic, there was still no audience. But I almost prefer it this way. 
Between sessions we had an easter egg hunt!
Brielle stayed busy during conference by building this cute bird house. 
I was totally spoiled by my family! Chad made breakfast, Tony did lunch and mom made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Mom also made this cute veggie basket!

We colored eggs too.


Later, we did an egg pinata! The kids lined up youngest to oldest and it wasn't a very strong one because by the time we got to Rylee, she broke it on her second swing! 

The guys made a couple of hats out of the pinata. 


Even though it was Easter and Conference, my family was very great about waiting on me hand and foot. I REALLY enjoyed having someone else cook the whole entire day! I was showered with presents and given money to have a shopping day! 

And its not my birthday without funfetti cupcakes that Chad made for me! Sure love him and all he does for me to help me feel special on my birthday! 
Nothing was super exciting about 36 this year but as I get older, its the simple things that  bring me happiness. I had such a nice day and really enjoyed this whole weekend! 

 

No comments: