Saturday, April 10, 2021

Heat

Having a dog has given us alot of new things to learn about. When we bought a female dog, it never even crossed my mind she would go into heat some day! Jilly went to the groomer and the groomer told me she would most likely be in heat soon! Uhhhh...I had no idea what to do. but she was right, a few days later, she started her period. Weird. I thought I was done buying diapers! 
She was not a super fan of them. In fact when we would put her in a kennel with one on she was quick to tear it to pieces when we weren't looking . Dang dog. I cleaned up many messes in those 2 weeks! Not my favorite thing ever!
But she was kinda cute looking like a big baby in her diapers. She was super mellow and cuddly during this time. But I am so glad she is back to her happy self! Since then though I think she is alot more mellow and obedient. Not sure if they go hand in hand, but I'll take it! Now we have to make a decision to fix her or not!
We've thought about breeding her but dang it seems like a lot of work! But who wouldn't want a baby looking this cute?!

 

No comments: