We decided to try out a new camping place since we always go to the same spot. We tried a place in Ogden Canyon called Pineview. At first, it seemed great. I don't know if it was because my stress level was so high with moving or what but I just could not relax. I don't love RV camping and this was pretty much an RV park with all grass. The sand by the lake was pretty great and we spent some time at the waters edge before heading out boating the next day.
You could see how low the water levels were...pretty sad.
We got on the water early but it wasn't early enough. The water was already packed and so much that we couldn't even get out to do anything behind the boat. We were really bummed at first. But then we just parked and let the kids play in the water and that lifted everyones spirits pretty well.
There were SO many people on the water it was ridiculous and quite dangerous.
Dad sported his new flamingo shorts for Mollie.
Rylee had her traditional boat nap. The best thing about this trip was we made donuts! They were a hit and we really enjoyed them! They even opted for having them again over s'mores!
I forgot to take pictures before we devoured them but this is what I got. They were yummmmy! Chad took it one step further and stuffed a reeces cup in the dough before he fried it.
We got a new tent and realized we didn't love it....then Bri fell on her bike and got this huge bruise. By this point I was just ready to go home or go to a different lake. We decided to pack up early and go boating at Willard Bay.
It was a much better experience for a while....all of a sudden our boat wouldn't start! There we were, sitting ducks in the water. Wow this trip was kind of a big fail. We decided once we got the boat started to just head home. We came home a day early and i was really ok with it. We just have so much to do! And it was nice to sleep in my bed where it was dark and quiet. RV camping is NOT camping!










No comments:
Post a Comment