I went out of town for a quick trip to Idaho for a baby shower. While I was gone, I got a message that Carter wanted to try BMX. Knowing this kids love for extreme sports, I wasn't surprised. Just a few hours later I got these first 2 pictures in a text! What in the world!?!!!!!!!
I stepped out of the party to go see what happened. Well, he was practicing BMX and going really fast and hit some gravel and went flying! I'm so glad he was wearing his helmet...the way he hit must have been close to his head since the sore is on TOP of his shoulder! He skidded and landed hard. Poor kid! He came home and actually didn't tell Chad he had crashed for a while. He thought he'd get in trouble. Dang kid! He finally came and showed Chad and we were surprised he didn't tell us! He was pretty banged up!
We had plans to go boating with his friend that day and so we weren't sure what we would do. But he wanted to go and so we went. The cold water I think was good for it. When I got home he showed me his shirt.....these white marks aren't dust or dirt...they are burns. He slid so much his shirt burned! there were several holes and once again I was so glad he was wearing a helmet! His shoulder was shredded.

We got them all cleaned up after boating and bandaged up. He was pretty stiff and sore for a few weeks. A rough start to summer for sure!
But yes, we did make it to the water and we had fun. Carter wasn't as chipper as he normally is, but that is understandable. Poor guy! I felt so bad for him but i think it also helped take his mind off of some of the hurt. He had a good time with Brody.
I had a good time laying in the sun.










No comments:
Post a Comment