We are always happy to visit our regular campsite at Mantua! We love it there! We set up camp and got settled right away!
Our first night we made homemade fries with roasted hot dogs. French fries are BEST in the mountain. They were so yummy!I've heard about the famous poppy fields there and we always seem to catch the tail end of it when there are only a few left in sight. But this year we went earlier and WOW the poppy fields are AMAZING! We had to go do some pictures in them. And we weren't alone! So many people visit there to do pictures. And I can see why!
The girls had fun exploring as usual and going back and forth to the fairy house. Jilly did well and is learning to love camping too.
We had one amazing afternoon of glassy water one day. And it was perfect. We had some special visitors for a few days....G&G Hymas came to camp with us! And grandma was so eager to get on a wakeboard!
Boating isn't grandpa's thing, but he was a good sport. And on her first try, grandma got up and wakeboarded several times!!!! She is so amazing and did great! I hope I can wakeboard when I'm in my 70's! WOW!
We fried chicken that night and it was SOOO yummy! The next few days were windy and cooler so we played at camp alot.
And one day we went for a walk around the lake! I've always wanted to go do it. The kids were dragging their feet big time but after we saw some cool wildlife and pretty views, everyone was happier.
We were a little bummed we didn't get to boat as much as we wanted to this trip but that one perfect day ALMOST made up for it. So glad we have the boat and all the fun memories we are making in it! I know my kids will never forget that their grandma could wakeboard!














No comments:
Post a Comment