Friday, June 20, 2025

Day 9 Oura and Lagos

Breakfast was started at Hotel Muthu Buffet then we headed to get Carter's run in. I sat by the sea while he ran in circles around me. He had been up above me but while I was sitting there on a cliff ledge, I all of a sudden saw him below me running on the beach. Not sure how he got there but there were other kids from our group down at the water very early. 

Then it was off to the pool. There were 3 swimming pools and I got dubbed a babysitter at one of them. 
But I wasn't sad because I just sat there in the most beautiful place I'd ever been and looked at all the trees and flowers around me. 



We spent lunch time wandering Oura and getting lunch there. Stephanie, Suzzane and I finally found our Italian food at Mama Mia's and it was so yummy! We had fun talking to the waitress who told us she spoke fluently 5 languages and her parents owned the place. And again, the sidewalks are mezmerizing!
Bruschetta - which I learned here that its actually pronounced Bru-sketa. It was so flavorful and amzaing!

I went with Tortellini. So creamy and rich I had a hard time finishing it...and yes I found a coke zero lime....it was ok. 

Walking down to the water we watched the crabs scurry around. 
This large octopus artwork was all compiled from garbage from the sea. Cool and sad. 
We boarded a chug boat looking thing and it took us out to some really cool caves in the water. While we were driving to the caves, Priscilla pulled out her snails she had for lunch and was sharing them all around. I just couldn't do it....the little eyes were sticking up out of their heads and moving around....nope, no snails for me. Carter didn't try it either but alot of people did. 







We boarded small boats that fit about 10 people and 2 guides cruised us around. It was all in Portuguese and then when they heard me talking in English they asked if they should talk in English. I again was the minority in this language speaking business but I've been ok with it for the most part. But I did want to hear this! So one guide spoke English and the other Portuguese. We went in several small caves. Each one had funny names like the kitchen, living room, etc
We passed some kayakers who were doing the same tour. I was glad I was in a motorized boat. And yes, this water was just as turquoise blue as it looks. 


This room was called the toilet. Can you see why?! HA!






While some waited for boats to go out, others got to swim in the ocean. I even hopped in with an epic toe touch and impressed all these cheer girls!
And not only are the grounds beautiful back at the hotel, but they are decorated with the most fun lights everywhere you go. This place was so beautiful! Many of us contemplated on staying up all night and enjoying the grounds since we had to be up at 3AM!!! But I didn't and was glad I didn't given what we went through the next day. 

 Oh this place was so lovely! I enjoyed (mostly) every second. It was a miracle that 42 touring the whole country in 10 days didn't go as wrong as it could have! No one had luggage problems or lost major things, a few forgotten things that were found quickly, but no accidents or problems in general. I was so glad for this experience and if I was to ever do it again, I'd definitely do this kind of tour again. (Maybe not with 20 teenagers) We saw so much so quickly and experienced so much. Our guides were professional and organized and very on top of things. It was so nice to just have the meals ready everywhere we went and didn't have to worry too much about getting around. Just enough time was spent in each place and I found myself wanting more! I may have caught the travel bug!


Goodbye beautiful Portugal. You will be in my dreams!

No comments: