Our ward decided with just a months notice, that they wanted to do an Easter Walk Through experience. I signed up a little reluctantly, because April/May-cember was approaching. I signed up for the Last Supper room, thinking that that would be fairly simple and it would be what I could handle.
Come to find out, another family also signed up for that room and was adamant that they have it. I was asked to move to the Resurection room.....I didn't know if I could handle what I felt like it would take to make it what I envisioned it should be. But I accepted and took a deep breath and started dumpster diving for big cardboard boxes. it was a bit stressful, but it ended up working out.
The first room was the Triumphant Entry. The Damewood family did this one and really transformed the room well!
The Last Supper Room. Very nice.
The Atonement room. They looked like true angels talking about Christ in here.
And lastly, our room, the Resurection room. All my dumpster diving paid off. Carter was the angel who rolled the stone away.
I had fun decorating with lights, flowers I borrowed from Rebekka, trees from the foyer and cardboard!
It all worked out and came together nicely.
He is not here. We showed a short message in the tomb room about how he is risen.
Of course we had Mary crying by the tomb.
And a candid angel photo. The kids were rockstars in helping me and really made it a nice experience. Chad helped hauling everything over and with set up, and dealt with my stress and piles of things around the house for a few weeks.
But it all came together and was a very special expereince. I didn't get to go through, but I snuck in to each one for just a bit. People came out with tears and said how special it was and they could feel the spirit. It was a special day. And I hope it helped my kids feel the spirit of Easter.













No comments:
Post a Comment