Thursday, April 1, 2010

Our Little Blessing

Tuesday I turned 12 weeks in my pregnancy! 1st trimester almost done! So i have to give a little back ground to this post....Don't get me wrong we are SO EXCITED to be bringing another baby into this world! I think both of us though have questioned if it is the right time and have worried alot what life with 2 kids would be like! 1 is hard enough some days! And i definantly dont have the challenge like many do of getting pregnant...We had talked about maybe having a baby once, and i was pregnant right away. So it must have been time. I think it just happened so fast it suprised us both alot!
On Tuesday i went to my 12 week checkup where i was supposed to get to hear the heartbeat for the first time. As the doctor spent atleast 5 minutes probing my abdomen and searching for the heartbeat, and saying over and over "it should be right here!" he said "Well dont worry........(long pause)...YET." And he had a worried look on his face. Which is the LAST thing a doctor should say to an expectant mom, because of course, they are just going to worry. They hurried and took me to the ultrasound room and after a few more minutes of holding my breath, the technician finally said "oh yes, there it is!" PHEW!!! The little heart was just beating away! I was SO glad i wanted to cry. I guess thanks to my anatomy, it was a little more difficult to hear and find.
So anyways i told Chad what was going on as soon as they couldnt find the heartbeat. He told me later that he also had been wondering if this was the right time to have a baby but for those few seconds that they were searching for a little heartbeat, he said it confirmed in his mind that YES he definantly wanted this baby. And that he already loved it and wanted it. Funny how we can love something so small that we havent even met yet!
So in conclusion, this slight little scare has made us want this baby here more than anything. We are up for the challenge! We are so excited for October to come so we can meet our new baby!

8 comments:

Val said...

That's so scary...that happened to me when I was pregnant with Noah, except they thought I had had a miscarriage. It was a complete affirmation that I was ready and wanted my baby.

Heather said...

I will tell you that life with 2 has it's challenges, but for the most part, it is SO MUCH FUN!! I love seeing both of them interact and giggle with each other. I hope things continue to go well with your pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Candice, I can feel for you, because we have had three little surprise blessings. :) Those mixed feelings are hard to deal with, but I'm glad you're both sure now, and I'm glad the baby is okay. Don't feel guilty about having your moments of doubt. I think most parents do at some point, even though we eventually come to be sure just how much we love and want our babies.

The DeGiulio's said...

Thats really scary, glad they could find out. It will be fun to find out what you are having.

The Collier 4 said...

Just for the record, we are never ready for the majority of blessings that the lord gives us. That is what makes blessings so great. We were in no way ready for Danika to be here and Tavon was only 9 months when I found out she was coming. It all works out in the end and the lord blesses us in mysterious ways. You guys will do great and once baby is here you will wonder what you were worrying about. Congrats and Good luck.

Unknown said...

I'm glad everything was ok! You are such a good mom and will do great. I think it is ok to be a little nervous about another one sometimes. At least I hope that is ok because half the time I am scared to death about it! :)

tutus n bowties said...

Congrats! I'm so happy to hear this wonderful news. I'm also glad that after some searching the little heart beat was found and all is well.

Steph said...

Ugh, that is one of the most terrifying moments as a parent. When me and Rich decided to have a second baby, we got pregnant really quickly, but we had a miscarriage at nine weeks. Losing that baby was so hard for us. Then, when we finally got pregnant with Maddy almost a year later, I had symptoms of another miscarriage, and I was so scared! Fortunately, she's now a happy, healthy 1 year old, and I'm so grateful for that. I'm so glad everything was ok, and I hope you know that you don't ever have to deal with that stuff on your own! Call me any time day or night, even if it's just to vent! And that goes for especially after you have your baby. They're so much fun, but that doesn't mean they're not frustrating at times. ;)