We kicked off the 4th of July week with seeing How to Train Your Dragon 2 at the drive in. It was really fun except for the rude truckful of teenage girls that I almost throat punched for being so loud. :)
And painting Mollie's and my nails all patriotic... that lasted for about 2 minutes.
G&G Hymas joined us for the 4th and sat through a scorching hot parade with the kids. People here in Tooele are funny. They have their chairs out lining main street for a whole week in advance before the parade.
It was long and hot but all the kids enjoyed it and got lots of candy. The favorites of the parade? a unicycle and a yellow race car.
Happy 4th of July! As the flags came by, I felt incredibly blessed but also shamed in myself that I didnt take more pride in living in a free country or that I show more respect for the flag. I hope its something I can teach my children to appreciate more.
We quickly did some family pictures (in the next post!) and then took off to a friends house for a BBQ and fireworks. This is Sheila, my firework loving friend.
The kids were so anxious to get the party started!
Carter played in the go-cart most of the evening
And Mollie in the wagon.
Finally the kids got to play with the poppers!
And sparklers!!
Bri even got a glow stick crown.
Bri was a trooper and wasnt scared at all from the fireworks but watched very intently. Then fell asleep.
Got a kick out of these 3 snuggling in the wagon watching fireworks.
We then came home and did a few of our own fireworks. Ariel fireworks were made legal last year in Utah and ALL night long in every direction you looked amazing firework shows were going off. Such a fun night!
For our first 4th of July in Idaho, it didn't disappoint!




















No comments:
Post a Comment