Some background first....we knew we had another baby coming to this family. Right after I gave birth to Brielle I was ready for another baby. This one has been a long time coming! And I knew it wouldn't be long. We waited a long time to announce it because I've been feeling especially sensitive to peoples rude and judgmental comments. Since when is it ok to tell people how many kids you can have and how often?
After I had mollie I had a huge impression that a little boy was to come to our family. So when I felt like I had a handle on 2 kids we went for it and was surprised it was a girl! But we were excited for Mollie to have a sister. Something I always wanted!
But I knew we had to try again for that boy!
The week of Christmas we decided to have an early ultrasound. I was confident it was a boy. My pregnancy was identical to when I was pregnant with carter. Minimal morning sickness and I didn't puke once! And the kids wanted a boy and often talked about their baby brother! At a doctor apt my doc said she though it was a boy but it still was a little to early to tell. We were 99.9% it was a boy!The night we came home from the ultrasound I had the ultrasound tech package the picture in a box with a tag stating if it was a boy or girl. We wanted to open it as a gift on Christmas eve as a family. Well the paper slipped out and I saw it as I was moving the box to put under the tree! (Really it was an accident!)
I was SHOCKED to see pink! PINK?! REALLY? A GIRL?! I'll admit it, I cried for 5 minutes. But now I am happy and feeling much better about it. The kids were pretty devastated when we told them on Christmas eve....Carter especially. But I think we have all accepted it now.
I feel discouraged mostly because I was sure this was our last and I had that strong impression that we had a boy coming. So who knows what the future will bring. For know we are embracing the PINK and I'm returning a lot of things that I already bought for a boy. Of our 4 children I have only guessed the gender of them once. And it was mollie. So much for motherly instinct, right?! I guess I don't have it! There's one thing that makes me happy about all of this though...me and chad make seriously cute girls!!!! (and boys ;)



2 comments:
Yes you do! So glad you're not sick!
I hope I wasn't someone that came across as judgmental! Because seriously, I am so excited for you! And maybe slightly jealous ha ha I'm already wanting another one, but am going to try to wait it out for another year! We shall see :) IN the mean time I'll live vicariously through you
Post a Comment