Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Terrible, awful, bad, no good January!

I'm so glad January is over! It was a rough month. After Brielle's little scare we continued to have problem after problem! I don't want to be a major complainer but it's worth documenting and trying to learn from it!

-we replaced TWO car batteries this month at $130 a pop! I got a nice long walk out of being stranded one day!
-Brielle's bills started rolling in and just the ambulance ride is $2000!!
-We took our car for an oil change and the technician broke off the dip stick in our oil tank and we had to go have it fixed for $250! Luckily Walmart picked up this bill and gave us a free oil change.
-My knee popped really loud one day and its swollen and currently doesn't bend. Which is a challenge when you need to carry a baby and have 3 sets of stairs in your house....
-Brielle came down with an ear infection on Sunday
-On Monday Chad drove the van to work so I could take his car to the shop. I drove it about a block and a half away and realized the tire was flat. A friend came to the rescue and got Carter to school and Me and the girls had to walk home....again...on a bum knee...carrying Brielle...both girls crying ....in the rain.

I too started crying on the way home because I was feeling overloaded with stress. At that moment it started raining really hard. I'm sure I looked like a crazy lady but it made me laugh out loud. A crazy, ugly loud laugh...because honestly what else could go wrong?! It helped....a little bit.


OK enough complaining! I've really been doing better at counting my blessings since Bri was in the hospital. I really have...I feel like Heavenly Father felt I needed a few more curve balls to see if I would still remember all I've been blessed with amidst a few more trials. It's been hard. One day the thought came to my head, "GIRL you are NOT enduring this well...." and whoever sent that was right.

Attitude is like a flat tire....you can't go anywhere until you change it.

The funny thing about the flat tire is that we inflated it and haven't been able to find a reason why it went flat. On the news later that day we saw a high speed chase was happening that was headed for the intersection that I drive each day to take carter to school. It ended in a nasty crash with several injuries and several cars involved. At the same time I would have been driving it! I don't believe in coincidences so I'm calling that one a huge blessing. Maybe that same angel who sent the message to me made my tire go flat. Who knows?

The Lord does. He knows all. He knows what we can handle and what we can't. He knows we can over come those curve balls and that we will come out on top. He sends them to us to MAKE us stronger. Because He loves us. Because He knows what we need.

So here's to putting on my big girl panties and a catchers mitt and catching those curve balls with a little more grace.  And enduring trials well. I have lots to learn and I really hope I'm learning it!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I love this post, Candice.

I hope February is a little less exciting for you and that your knee feels better soon!