Friday, January 29, 2016

Another year...another ER visit!

Last January we were in the ER with Little Brielle and I guess Mollie wanted to keep up with the tradition! We had just gotten home from somewhere and she was turning to race her brother up the stairs for lunch. There was a step stool behind her and she tripped over it and landed right on her face on the steps. I heard the commotion and crying so I went down stairs to find quite a sight! 


Chad was standing over the sink holding mollie over it and blood was dripping down his arms, blood was all over mollies face and down her shirt and blood was splattered all over the walls! I thought for a minute she had cut an artery the way blood was splattered!
 When we could finally look at it we realized her teeth went clear through her bottom lip. Off to the ER we went! Chad initially took her while I stayed with the kids. An hour passed...then 2....and Chad called and said he needed me to come help calm her down because she was really scared. I pawned the kids off on the neighbors and took off.

When I got there they had numbed her lip with some cream and gave her some drugs that was supposed to make her pass out. She got really loopy and silly and kept asking funny questions. She never did pass out completely which surprised the doctors but she was drugged enough to atleast hold still for her stitches.
 We were shocked when the doctor said that the inside hole would heal itself and he only stitched up the outside of it. The scar is right along her lip line so it blends pretty well on her face which I'm grateful for!
The stitches almost all fell out (I'd be lying if I didn't say I may have held her down and pulled the last one out that was hanging by a thread since it hadn't fallen out in 3 weeks!) It's amazing to me how fast it healed! Within a day it was filled in with new skin cells and it never got infected or caused her any problems which I was so grateful for! I'm very grateful for modern day medicine! And I'm grateful her bill wont be as big as Brielles was!

No comments: