Friday, January 29, 2016

Hot pools and snowboarding in Idaho!

The kids had a few days off of school and so we took off to Idaho for some fun! I talked Chad into taking a detour and going to Lava Hot Springs indoor pool with my family. Its indoors, warm water, and tons of fun! The kids loved splashing in the kids pool and when they got bored they hopped in the big pool and played basketball with their uncles!
 This was Brielles favorite spot i think.
 And it was Rylee's first time swimming! She was so tired but never made a peep! She just smiled and kicked her legs! I had a hard time keeping track of Carter because he was running everywhere and having so much fun enjoying some freedom in the water. Grandma hung out in the hot pools and helped watch babies at certain times. It was so wonderful sitting in a nice warm spa watching the snow fall outside!

 We traveled on to grandmas house and spent the weekend with them. Bright and early monday morning we headed to Pommerelle! I havent been on a snowboard since I was in high school but we all had such a fun time on the bunny hill with Carter. The drive up there was a bit scary but some kind strangers helped push our car up the road.

 This kid was more than excited to get on the mountain.
 The magic carpet! This ride almost got the best of me and Chad a few times! It's a little tricky on a snowboard.
 The boys shreddin it up.
 We took a break in the lodge for lunch and to let our legs rest! (and arms!) My shoulders were more sore than my legs from pushing myself up so often! It wasn't long though before we were ready to head back out!

Chad was good sport and was very patient while me and Carter learned (and re-learned for me) how to snowboard. It took me several times but I finally decided to quit being a chicken and just go for it. Once I did I was able to make it down the hill a few times without falling. YAY ME!

 While we were away Grandma entertained the girls with lots of games and cookie making! She's such a great grandma and always has fun stuff planned for the grandkids. I'm so glad my kids get to grow up and know both sets of their grandparents. We are so blessed in that department!
 It was such a fun trip, no one wanted to leave! Its always a long drive back to Utah, especially with 2 little girls who don't love the car. But I learned a new secret weapon for keeping Brielle happy in the car. APPLES! Yes folks, that is (or was) an apple! She is just like Carter and eats it down to the stem and seeds. But it kept her busy, wasn't too messy and filled her belly with a healthy snack! WIN WIN WIN!

No comments: